10 Tips To Help You Prepare for the Fall
Membership Level› Guest
Author/Source: Kathie Phillips
Topic: Preparation for Fall
Fall is right around the corner, and we have to be ready! Prepare now by keeping the following tips in mind.
Fall is right around the corner, and we have to be ready! Prepare now by keeping the following tips in mind:
- Pray for wisdom and God’s direction as you gear up for the new ministry year.
- Assemble a Leadership Team to do ministry with. Look for people who are invested in Children’s Ministry and share your passion for reaching the next generation and their families.
- Evaluate your curriculum. Does it align with your core values? Is it easy for volunteers to use? Is there a parent component that is effective in bridging home and church? Are you seeing desired results?
- Recruit and train volunteers. Plan exciting ways to draw people into your ministry and get them prepared to serve.
- Plan your year as much as you can in advance by plugging events and programming dates onto your church calendar. Of course, dates may change, but having a yearly outlook will prove to be very helpful.
- Declutter and reorganize supply closets, classroom cabinets, storage areas, files, and work spaces. Also, look around to see if areas might need a fresh coat of paint, new rugs, signage or window treatments.
- Re-stock supplies. During the summer when back-to-school sales get underway, supplies such as paper, pencils, scissors, crayons, and glue are very affordable.
- Order new curriculum and distribute to teachers.
- If you haven’t done so already, consider joining a network of kidmin leaders in your area or starting one of your own if none exists. Having a support system with like-minded folks is essential.
- Take advantage of ways to continue educating yourself. Attend conferences or workshop to keep your finger on the pulse of the kidmin world. Subscribe to blogs, e-newsletters, and magazines. (I highly recommend Children’s Ministry Magazine and K! Magazine). Peruse kidmin networks and discussion forums (I highly recommend CM Connect and Kidology).