Login
Surveys

Do you do background checks at your church?

view more surveys
I bought the tape of Karl's class ("Help, I’m in Charge of the Children's Minsitry") and we (John and I) have both listened to it twice and have given it to our senior pastor.  It will be a "classic" soon…..    Thanks for giving so much of yourself! WE APPRECIATE YOU!
- Shelly Sexton
Background Checks Kidology Coaching Children's Ministry Magazine

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
CM Conferences & Local Networks
 Kidology Forums : CM Conferences & Local Networks
Subject Topic: CPC Orlando/San Diego 2011 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Tannerman
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 2:50pm | IP Logged Quote Tannerman

The Children's Pastors' Conference is the premier Christian ministry conference that focuses exclusively on children's and family ministry. Brought to you by the International Network of Children's Ministry (INCM), CPC 2011 will take place in both Orlando, FL (January 12-15) and San Diego, CA (March 15-18).

The beginning of CPC features optional pre-conference workshops called Fast Tracks. Kidology founder Karl Bastian will be presenting a Fast Track at the San Diego CPC location on March 15.Is anyone planning on attending the CPC? Have you attended in previous years? Share your experiences or thoughts...

Back to Top View Tannerman's Profile Search for other posts by Tannerman Visit Tannerman's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

TrishaJoy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 07 September 2010 at 7:46pm | IP Logged Quote TrishaJoy

I am going to the Orlando CPC! It`s in Disney World! Woo hoo! :)
Back to Top View TrishaJoy's Profile Search for other posts by TrishaJoy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidjoni
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro
Joni Lum, Kidology Champion

Posted: 11 September 2010 at 1:35pm | IP Logged Quote Kidjoni

I'm going to San Diego...can't wait.

Wish it was earlier in the year...March is soooo late!  I've pretty much made all my curriculum decisions by them, vbs etc. 

EPKidServant
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 16 September 2010 at 5:36pm | IP Logged Quote EPKidServant

Still working on the financial end of things, but my aim is to go to San Diego, if for no other reason than to say hi to Karl, and Joni, and.....(insert Kidology roster here). 

Kidjoni
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 17 September 2010 at 11:57am | IP Logged Quote Kidjoni

If you go Tim, pm me, so we can share a meal...last year was much too short and there was not enough time to connect!

EPKidServant
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 12 November 2010 at 4:39pm | IP Logged Quote EPKidServant

God is good!  Funding approved for CPC 11.  Just got done with registration.  See ya'll in San Diego! (sure, I'm typing on the outside, but I'm dancing on the inside).

KennyA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 12 November 2010 at 10:18pm | IP Logged Quote KennyA

I've gone to CPC's in the distant past and would love to go. It will depend on finances.

Back to Top View KennyA's Profile Search for other posts by KennyA Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

jamie496
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 10:18am | IP Logged Quote jamie496

I'll be at CPC Orlando Demo-ing for Laflin's Magic

Who else will be in Orlando? Let's coffee-it-up!

Kidjoni
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged Quote Kidjoni

awww...sure u can't come out to san diego?   

sgphillips
Yosemite Summiteer
Yosemite Summiteer
Scott Phillips

Posted: 21 December 2010 at 12:14pm | IP Logged Quote sgphillips

I would love to be at CPC this year but work commitments has me traveling Jan 6 to 18.

Do not know if I will be able to make it to the San Diego one.

My expenses from last year kind of wiped me out.  I was in Egypt/Jordan/Israel from Oct 23 to Nov 6.

So all of you that are going, please be sure to post all the cool stuff going on, the great workshops, fantastic speakers, and enless supply of resources for those of us that can not be there.

Scott

Back to Top View sgphillips's Profile Search for other posts by sgphillips Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

jamie496
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 2:13pm | IP Logged Quote jamie496

Kidjoni wrote:
awww...sure u can't come out to san diego?   

wish I could - there is a possibility, it depends on David Laflin's needs. However, our family is trying to plan a Family Vacation around the same time.

Kidjoni
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 24 December 2010 at 3:41pm | IP Logged Quote Kidjoni

yes, family vacation in San Diego..hahahaha

wbman
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro
Tom Bump, Kidmin Pro, Yosemite Summiteer

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 8:25pm | IP Logged Quote wbman

I"M GOING TO ORLANDO!! WAHOOO!
I didn't think I would be able to go but God has supplied!
My Kidmin team secretly raised the funds for my conference fee and for my flight down and back. I cannot wait. Its been a very rough year for me personally and professionally. I need the break and time for renewal!

Back to Top View wbman's Profile Search for other posts by wbman Visit wbman's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

wbman
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 11:19am | IP Logged Quote wbman

Looking for people to hangout with? Meals? etc. Karl, are you organizing any gatherings after hours for Kidology fans?

I'm coming in on Tuesday afternoon and would ove to connect with some people.

Back to Top View wbman's Profile Search for other posts by wbman Visit wbman's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 4:21pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

wbman wrote:
Karl, are you organizing any gatherings after hours for Kidology fans?

Of course! Drop by the Kidology booth for a personal invite to the exclusive private Kidology Gathering! Its always a good time of fellowship. And just for the record, for those who haven't been to one, its not a promo event like some ministries do, its really just a casual fun social gathering. We have a lot of fun hanging out!

Glen Woods
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:15pm | IP Logged Quote Glen Woods

Kidologist wrote:
wbman wrote:
Karl, are you organizing any gatherings after hours for Kidology fans?

Of course! Drop by the Kidology booth for a personal invite to the exclusive private Kidology Gathering! Its always a good time of fellowship. And just for the record, for those who haven't been to one, its not a promo event like some ministries do, its really just a casual fun social gathering. We have a lot of fun hanging out!
Make sure you tell everyone about the Pirate dress code too!

Doing life in the margins with the unreached...
Break camp and advance....
Back to Top View Glen Woods's Profile Search for other posts by Glen Woods Visit Glen Woods's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Johnattan Aracena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged Quote Johnattan Aracena

First time that I'm going to be @ the CPC Orlando Conference... So excited about it... And by the way, first time posting in this forum too... God bless you all.
Hope to meet everyone there of the Kidology team and other CM leaders.
Back to Top View Johnattan Aracena's Profile Search for other posts by Johnattan Aracena Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:06pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

Johnattan Aracena wrote:
First time that I'm going to be @ the CPC Orlando Conference... And by the way, first time posting in this forum too... Hope to meet everyone there of the Kidology team and other CM leaders.

Welcome to the forum AND I look forward to seeing you at CPC!

wbman
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 1:58pm | IP Logged Quote wbman

Johnattan,

Welcome to the forums and I'll look forward to connecting with you at CPC!! I'm sure it's going to be an awesome time!

sgphillips
Yosemite Summiteer
Yosemite Summiteer
Scott Phillips

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged Quote sgphillips

Welcome Johnattan;

While I can not go this year I know you will have a blast from previous years I went.

Here is some advice for you when you go.

Take some business cards to pass out and take notes on, you can make your own and save time and money.

Take a lot of address labels (your address) for all the wonderful give aways and information booths in the showcase room.  It will save lots of writing and writers cramp.

Take an extra suitcase (collapable if possible) with you to put your stuff in when you return.

Make sure you have lots of batteries for your camera for pictures and viedo.  And if you need to extra cards or a place to download them into.

I know you will have a great and awesome time there.

Back to Top View sgphillips's Profile Search for other posts by sgphillips Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Johnattan Aracena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged Quote Johnattan Aracena

Wow....
You guys got us even more excited about what is going to happen next week... Hope to meet all of you.
@Scott Phillips: So bad that you can not make it to the conference this year, but thank you so much for all your tips.
We're a group of 4 (2 couples) that are going to be there.
@ the kidologist: I have to thank you so much, just because all the blessings that we receive as a ministry through this page.
@Tom Bump: We'll see you next week...
Blessings to all!
Back to Top View Johnattan Aracena's Profile Search for other posts by Johnattan Aracena Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:23pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

Johnattan Aracena wrote:
@ the kidologist: I have to thank you so much, just because all the blessings that we receive as a ministry through this page.

My favorite thing about CPC is meeting people like you! Be sure to drop by our booth and say "I'm the guy from the forum!" So I know you are YOU!
Back to Top View Kidologist's Profile Search for other posts by Kidologist Visit Kidologist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:33pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

OK, FOLKS, I'm gonna do something FUN, PRING and BRING your Kidology Membership Card, and FLASH IT AT ME and I will give you a prize!

How do you do that? Click on My Kidology and then Print Membership Card, you will see it appear when you scroll down! (Scroll down quickly and you'll get to see it magically materialize! Oooooo!)

Only readers of this thread will know about this TOP SECRET PRIZE opportunity! Oh Yeah!

Back to Top View Kidologist's Profile Search for other posts by Kidologist Visit Kidologist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

jamie496
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:42pm | IP Logged Quote jamie496

Just printed mine and Karl's so I can be just like HIM!

BTW - I'll be at Orlando... but I think I've mentioned that.

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:44pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

jamie496 wrote:
Just printed mine and Karl's so I can be just like HIM!

You must be the @fakekidologist running around on Twitter! LOL

EPKidServant
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 3:51pm | IP Logged Quote EPKidServant

Are you going to do the same top secret card thingie in San Diego?

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 4:32pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

EPKidServant wrote:

Are you going to do the same top secret card thingie in San Diego?

If you are real discreet about it... secret agent like... but only for you!!

squonk
Premium Member
Premium Member
Todd Liebenow - Q&A Guest

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 5:16pm | IP Logged Quote squonk

I'll be there. Stop by the One Way Street booth and say "HI"

Kidjoni
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 6:11pm | IP Logged Quote Kidjoni

oh...I am jealous!

One year I need to budget in Florida, it sounds way more fun!

March is just toooo far from now!

EPKidServant
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 6:38pm | IP Logged Quote EPKidServant

Yes, indeed, Joni...March is too far away.  It didn't hit me how "close and yet so far" until I started reading all the chatter about Orlando...then it dawned on me that some of our friends are about ready to launch their 2011 #kidmin in FLORIDA!

Anyway, I'm considering the Orlando CPC 11 the start of the official countdown to San Diego.  Looking forward to seeing you there.

Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version