KICKRiCKulum Virtuous Women of the Bible Kids' Church Curriculum (Elementary Download)
The PACKED OUT Kickrickulum Virtuous Women curriculum contains five lessons for elementary (1-5th grade) children. Scripture comes alive with hands on presentations and easy to follow visible object lessons. Other features include Power Points, lesson reinforcing breakout activities and interplay between teacher, student, and special characters. Children stay captivated and involved without the need for extensive staging or props. Written for new or experienced teachers, this curriculum has a creative and varied approach which targets different learning styles.
Every download is Packed Out! Each contains Power Points and lessons in both Word format and PDF. Bible Object lessons and other visuals are used throughout the lessons.
Other features include lesson reinforcing breakout activities, games, and small groups. Introduction skits and quick skits between the teacher, students and special characters are both effective and entertaining.
Children stay captivated and involved through each of the lesson components. Kickrickulum is an all meat no fluff - packed with content curriculum.
Included are the following Option Packs:
- Intro Pack - a simple puppet skit and a 2 part monologue skit for each lesson! (You might use one to introduce the lesson for Sunday morning and another for a mid-week service - it's up to you!). Both are entertaining and fun and ease the kids into the lesson topic.
- Relay Pack - 5 original, fun relay races that reinforce the lesson. Kids love relays and we do too! Play as teams or as a large group.
- Skit Pack - 8 total skits, 4 with Oily Al. 4 Nathan Newsworthy interviews! (These are over the top and crazy fun! Oily is a infomercial personified who aggravates the teacher with his scams...er...products and stirs up the kids.
- The Nathan interviews can be used as an option to teach the Bible story for variation in a mid-week service or use it to reinforce the lesson in a different way after the Lesson Launch!) These interviews are funny yet summarize the important points of the lesson. Nathan goes on location where the Bible Story took place.
- Small Group Pack - break outs with several activities, deeper discussions, application, Bible workout, memory verse activities, crafts, journals and more! (Enough material here to use for an entire mid-week or Sunday evening class too!)
Download a preview here
Download a PowerPoint sample
Lesson Components - Do some or do them all! (based on skateboard terminology)
- Lesson PIVOTS: The lesson PIVOTS around these main points. Use the PowerPoint slides to present and learn with the class. Insert the PIVOTS throughout the lesson or to recapture the classes attention. Ask randomly what they are.
- Scripture Box: Offers main scripture verse, support verse, and lesson title
- KICK RiCK Grind: Offers obscure facts or research pieces that enhance the lesson
- Rampin' Up: A springboard to the Bible text adding another element of the child's world to the lesson
- Lesson Launch: The Bible story or scripture text that provides the framework of the lesson; makes abstracts concepts concrete
- Air Time: Questions that assess what the children have grasped in the lesson
- Pivot Skit: Visiting characters of Professor Snodgrass and CoachCoach is loud, intense, passionate, serious, and sold-out to winning. Coach could be a man or woman effectively. Most of the skit will be monologue with interaction from children and teacher occasionally. The key to Coach is a loud, in-your-face-style. Coach could wear a whistle, blowing it as he/she enters the room unexpectedly. Coach wears a ball cap, sweatshirt (or sweatsuit), and carries a ball appropriate for the skit. A dry-erase board must be available to diagram plays
Professor Snodgrass is a laboratory scientist who, at times, is too intelligent for his/her own good. The well-meaning Professor is always working on a new research project, taking the main point of the lesson and crafting it into a fun learning tool. Once you weed through Snodgrass' techno-babble, the Biblical aspect comes alive! The Professor is equally effective when portrayed by a man or woman. At home in a lab-coat stuffed with pens in the chest pocket, Snodgrass at times can be so fixed on the science going through his/her mind that he/she just trails off and embodies the absent-minded Professor to a "T"
- Time to Thrash: Hands-on activities that allow children to experience the lesson using their 5 senses and Bible skills. These activities are tailored to the age and development of the children
- Rematch!: closes the lesson with a wrestling skit that reinforces the lesson and introduces the next week's lesson topic.
- The Final Spin: A wrap up to the lesson
Lesson Components - Do some or do them all! (based on skateboard terminology).
- A Prayer and a Promise: Hannah
- Open 24 Hours: Anna
- Oh, Man Up! : Deborah
- At Jesus' Feet: Mary of Bethany
- Virtuous Review: A Fun Review of Lessons 1-4
Here’s what’s inside each lesson:
- Kick Start It: (Introduce it) (Power Points for each)
- Pivot Trait: The lesson characteristic or virtue.
- Pivot Point: The main point of the lesson using the Pivot TRAIT within it.
- Pivot Verse: The Bible memory verse.
- Pivot Icebreaker Simple introduction warm up game or activity - great for check in time and early arrivers before the lesson begins.
- Rampin’ Up: A springboard to the Bible Lesson Launch which introduces a concept using common everyday items and situations that kids can relate to.
- Kick It Around (Present it)
- Lesson Launch: The Bible lesson presented in different creative ways (Use Power Points and/or visual objects to present)
- Kick It In (Apply it)
- Air Time: Review of the lesson and Pivots. (Power Points)
- Time to Thrash: Hands-on activities and games that reinforce the lesson truths and the Pivot Verse (memory verse)
- Kick It Home (Wrap it up)
- Final Spin: Large group final wrap up and review with an object lesson