KidzBlitz Shapin' Up Fitness Camp
Fitness Camp will help you address one of the biggest challenges facing our kids today: wellness in mind and body. Fitness Camp is a DVD driven curriculum that helps raise kids' awareness about their responsibility in their own health. It teaches them how nutrition and fitness help them fulfill God's purpose for their lives.
Fitness Camp is designed for kids who have completed first through sixth grade. The material emphasizes nutrition and physical activity choices, not weight control or having a particular body size or shape. Nothing Else Like It
Check out a sample lesson here.
- Flexible scheduling and activities
- Use as summer camp or alternative to VBS
- Reusable year after year
- Complete curriculum - everything included
- Great community outreach tool
- Teaches kids they were created by God for a purpose
- Emphasizes self-control
- Illustrates negative affects of substance use
- Demonstrates exercise can be fun
- Encourages parents to model healthy lifestyles
Facts About Kids' Health Today...
- Physically active children have fewer chronic health problems, stronger self-image and more self confidence.
- The fittest children scored almost 30% higher on standardized tests.
- America spends $127 million per year on costs related to childhood obesity.
- Experts estimate 20% of children between the ages of 6 and 17 are overweight.
- The number of children who take pills for type 2 diabetes more than doubled from 2002 to 2005.
- The US Government recommends at least one hour of physical activity per day.
- Most elementary school students are physically active only 3 minutes per 40-minute PE class.
- Children in the US watch an average of 3-4 hours of television a day.
- 11-14 years olds spend nearly 7 hours a day using media and view over 40,000 commercials per year.
- The average age of a child's first alcoholic drink is now 12 years old.
- Each day 5,000 children under the age of 18 smoke their first cigarette.You can be a Solution! Through you, kids will discover how fitness and nutrition relate to God's purpose for them.
Fitness Camp is flexible. Your camp schedule can go for a half day (allow about 2.5 hours), or all day with the optional activities. You can go 5 days in a row or one day a week.
Daily Fitness Challenge
- Jumpstart - opening activities
- Launch - icebreaker
- Fitness Challenge - exercise class with included DVDs
- Health Challenge - Bible and health discussion
- Fuel - lunch (optional)
- Target Zone - field trips (optional)
- Replenish - snack (optional)
- Finish Line - parent pick up
Kids exercise along with daily fitness DVDs:
- Circuit Training
- Hop 'n Bop
- Drum 'n Boogie (bonus)
We Were Created for a Purpose
Bible Challenge:Back to the Garden
God designed us to serve Him
Health Challenge: Climbin' the Food Pyramid
Our daily nutritional needs
You Are What You Eat
Bible Challenge: Our bodies belong to God
Our bodies are the temple of God
Health Challenge: What Goes In Comes Out
Nutrition in the foods we eat
- Calories / Metabolism
- Carbohydrates / Protein
- Fat & Cholesterol
Self-Control is Saying Whoa
Bible Challenge: Daniel Just Said Whoa
Self-control shows God controls our lives
Health Challenge: Go Foods, Whoa Foods
Healthy food choices
- Portions and moderation
- Understanding labels
Making Wise Choices
Bible Challenge: Waste Not, Want Not
Make choices based on God's desires
Health Challenge: Don't Be Down
How our bodies work
Don't be Duped
Bible Challenge: Tricks of the Traitor
Be wise to Satan's deceit
Health Challenge: Dream Destroyers
Dangers of substance use