Alan Root's Designamentals Workbook and Study Guide
Click here for a sample lesson.
What you'll find in this book:
- Daily Readings: Get a book for each student. The chapters are about 12 pages long. Strongly encourage your kids to read a couple of pages a day with breakfast.
- Black Boxes: These questions occur during the flow of the chapter. The answers are often obvious, but it helps springboard class discussion to get tweens’ marvelous brains thinking.
- Q&A: Have the kids pencil in their answers. Then check the first appendix for what I thought the answers were. Use this section as a catechism.
- Activities: suggestions for full-contact learning: some of us prefer kinetic discovery.
- Digging Deeper: Some of your kids will be challenged enough by what’s in the chapters, but some will want to dig down deeper. Send them to Appendix 4 and ask them to take notes on what they find to share with the class. The format is free form back there- it’s just a treasure trove of ideas with no ties to a specific chapter.