Kidmin Talk #045 - December 4, 2012
Duration: 00:27:20Download MP3
Thermostat or Thermometer?
Welcome to Kidmin Talk, Kidology's weekly webcast show hosted by Karl Bastian. Listen here on Kidology or subscribe via iTunes to listen on-the-go.
Santa Karl is giving away some presents this month, hear all about HOW TO WIN on the podcast!
FEATURED MUSIC: Righteous Pop Music: Christmas 2
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW TODAY:
- Make It Happen By Lunch by Stephan Schiffman
- Casa Bonita, Denver
- (Sopaipillas is the word I was trying to think of!)
- The light up toys are lots of fun!
- Christmas Bingo
- Jelly on Your Face
Are you a Thermostat (you set the temperature) or Thermometer (you reflect the temperature)?
You determine the mood by your:
- Don't look like a bum.
- Kid friendly clothes.
- Costumes when appropriate.
- Hats! (See Hats Kids Church Cooking Show!)
- Noticing hurt in kids eyes
- Remembering tough dates in kids lives
- Asking kids what's wrong if they are having a hard day.
- Stepping out of character long enough to show you care.
- Be good at what you do.
- Show your lesson is worth the effort.
- Take the time to practice what you do.
- Mistakes and flops are OK, as long as it isn't because of laziness.
- Jesus and the kids are worthy of your BEST.
Listen to the show for the full details!
Earn extra chances to win by promoting @KidminTalk via Twitter! If I see you promote the show, I just might send you a prize! It's been done before already!
MUSIC ON THE SHOW: NEEDED
This week featured NEEDED
CONNECTING w/ KIDMIN TALK: