Kidmin Talk #041 - October 2, 2012
Duration: 00:43:28Download MP3
Welcome to Kidmin Talk, Kidology's weekly webcast show. Listen here on Kidology or subscribe via iTunes to listen on-the-go!
SPONSOR: This episode is sponsored by My Awesome Adventure Discipleship Books!
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW:
- My Awesome Adventure Promo PDF
- Blog: NEW My Awesome Adventure
- Dennis on our Staff page - one of Karl's young disciples in the Philippines.
- Car designer with Jay Leno - From Karl's previous church. He designed a car for Karl that ended up turning into My Awesome Adventure instead.
- Karl the Rabbit Hunter (don't click if it'll offend you! LOL)
- DiscipleTown, the children's church curriculum Karl writes.
- Other Adventures:
- Next Steps for Kids Class (for kids and parents of upper elementary kids)
- My Awesome Adventure Downloads in DiscipleLand.com
- My Awesome Adventure Quiet Time Devotional Download
Discipleship is not a product or program - it is the process of intentionally helping someone follow Jesus!
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Shotgun vs. Aiming (see pic of Karl the Rabbit Hunter above)
Do we intentionally disciple - or do we do just shoot a bunch of stuff at kids and hope some of it "sticks?" The evidence is that strategy isn't working.
How do find kids?
- Invite them into a discipling relationship
- Look for Kids in crisis
- Look for Kids from strong homes
(They need someone to confirm what they are hearing in the home.)
What do you do when you get together with them?
- Do first lesson together
- Assign next lesson
- Review past lessons
- Discuss life
- Prayer requests and prayer
- Discuss lessons as they relate to life
- Scripture memory
Note: Be willing to put lessons aside to deal with real life issues they are facing.
My Awesome Adventure comes in two age levels. It is the same study with the same basic content, but the lower level is simplified for a younger learner:
My Awesome Adventure: Ages 9-12 (The level I highly recommend)
What are you waiting for? Disciple your kids today!
Earn extra chances to win by promoting @KidminTalk via Twitter! If I see you promote the show, I just might send you a prize! It's been done before already!
MUSIC ON THE SHOW:
CONNECTING w/ KIDMIN TALK: