Kidmin Talk #152 - January 13th, 2021
Duration: 30:33Download MP3
Shepherd or Sheepherder?
Welcome to the 152nd episode of Kidmin Talk, the webcast show hosted by Karl Bastian, the Kidologist. Listen here on Kidology or subscribe via iTunes to listen on-the-go with your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or other mobile device.
SPONSOR: This episode is sponsored by Kidology Foundation
How can we knock your socks off?
It is our desire to help small ministries get some exciting things to enhance their ministry and improve their ability to reach kids for Jesus! So that's why I love asking, "What would you do with some extra money?"
KIDMIN TALK #152: Shepherd of Sheedherder:
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW TODAY:
FULL ARTICLE THIS PODCAST WAS BASED ON: Shepherd of Sheepherder
Questions for Reflection:
- What do you think it means to be a Shepherd?
- What aspects of your ministry can be described as Shepherding?
- When do your children, volunteers or families feel shepherded in your ministry? (or do they?)
- What are your programs actually successful at?
- What does success look like and do you measure success? How do you measure success?
- What consumes your time? How effective is it?
- What are the tangible results that you can point to that merit the time invested?
- Is there a better way you could invest your time?
- What, if you stopped it, would no one notice? What do you do "just because?"
- If you listed everything you do in order of priority, what would be on the bottom half of the list?
- What if you discontinued a few items off the bottom half of the list?
- What, if you started, would surprise and delight people?
- Pretend you had someone to do ALL the administrative stuff for you, but you still had to work – what would you do to fill your time?
- Could those things actually be more effective in the long run?
1. IDENTIFY WHAT YOU'D LIKE TO BE DOING
2. EVALUATE WHAT YOU ARE DOING
3. MAKE A LIST OF PRIORITIES
4. CHOOSE THE BEST
5. DELEGATE THE REST
CONNECTING w/ KIDMIN TALK:
Discuss this episode of Kidmin Talk in the Kidology Facebook Group