Kidmin Talk #091 - November 30th, 2016
Duration: 00:53:50Download MP3
Engaging Your Audience
Welcome to the 91st episode of Kidmin Talk, the webcast show hosted by Karl Bastian, the Kidologist. Listen here on Kidology or subscribe via iTunes to listen on-the-go with your iPhone, iPod, iPad, or other mobile device.
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW TODAY:
- Race Horse vs. Locomotive
- The Eyeball Game
- TED Talks
- Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Magicians
- Bringing a Familar Bible Story to Life
- You Are a Bible Character!
- I Corinthians 4:7
- Pastor Todd's VIP Couch
- When Teaching a Large Age Range (This one took me a while to find, it's from 2010)
- Don't Demand Attention - Capture It
- Value of eye contact
- Memorize yoru opening
- Audience Participation
- Leave the stage
- Turn Spectators into Participants
DEALING WITH DISTRACTIONS
- "Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance" - Johnny Magic
- Address in advance when possible
- Acknowledge distractions and bring the audience back
- MAGIC Tips
- M = Memorize Your Opening
- A = Add pauses for impact
- G = Go into a power pose
- I = Include a personal story
- C = Control your hands
- Know your audience
- Don't rile the kids up and then scold them!
- Character Traits needed with speakers:
- T = Trust
- E = Enthusiasm
- A = Authenticity
- C = Courage
- H = Humility
- Humility isn't thinking less of yourself; it is thinking of yourself less often.
- You have a spotlight, turn it toward others.
Earn extra chances to win by promoting @KidminTalk via Twitter! If I see you promote the show, I just might send you a prize! It's been done before already!
CONNECTING w/ KIDMIN TALK:
Discuss this episode of Kidmin Talk in our Kidology Facebook Group