Kidmin Talk #059 - September 4, 2013
Duration: 00:36:08Download MP3
How to be a FUN Leader
Welcome to Kidmin Talk, Kidology's weekly webcast show hosted by Karl Bastian. Listen here on Kidology or subscribe via iTunes to listen on-the-go.
MENTIONED ON THE SHOW TODAY:
- Awana Sport Stacking!
- Leadership Lab on Ministry Foundations (It's more than making things fun is discussed in this lab.)
- Facebook Group for Awana Game Leaders
- Jelly on Your Face
- Online Training Video on HATS!
- Awana Youth Ministry GAME APP
- Fun RPM Music
- Karl's Awana Opening Night PDF Plan
- Karl's Awana First Game Night Plan
- The 4 Pillars of Children's Ministry
How to be a FUN Leader:
F = Be Funny
U = Do the Unexpected
N = Try New things
The Four A's
A = Appearance (How can you LOOK fun?)
A = Attitude (You set the mood!)
A = Awareness (Don't miss kids who are hurting)
A = Aptitude (Be your BEST!)
Other things you need to control:
1. The ENVIRONMENT. (Make it a place kids want to be.)
2. Maintain ORDER - have a discipline plan. (Easy, Simple, Clear Rules.)
3. Control the FLOW or PACE of the program. (Keep it moving.)
Earn extra chances to win by promoting @KidminTalk via Twitter! If I see you promote the show, I just might send you a prize! It's been done before already!
CONNECTING w/ KIDMIN TALK: