Login
Surveys

Do you do background checks at your church?

view more surveys
I just want to say that I LOVE your Kidology site. I am a premium member. I realized right away that this would serve as my mentor. I have listened to many of your podcasts and am always so encouraged. Thank you so much for providing this.
-Sherri Johnson
Background Checks ToyBox Tales Children's Ministry Magazine

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
Kidmin Talk with the Kidologist
 Kidology Forums : Kidmin Talk with the Kidologist
Subject Topic: Kidmin Talk - 017 What Motivates You? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 07 February 2012 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

This thread is for discussion of Kidmin Talk #017

This shows theme is keeping Motived in ministry! It can be hard at times when there is so much to pull us down and discourage us. How do you keep positive and upbeat when so many things go wrong and people don't appreciate all you are doing?

Listen in to this week's show and be encouraged and MOTIVATED afresh!

Be sure to POST YOUR GUESS for NEXT'S WEEK's show, when we discuss the Key Word featuring the Letter "N" - what will it be??

What are YOUR thoughts on the show and the topic of motivation?
Back to Top View Kidologist's Profile Search for other posts by Kidologist Visit Kidologist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

wbman
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro
Tom Bump, Kidmin Pro, Yosemite Summiteer

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 9:43am | IP Logged Quote wbman

Thanks for reminding us of how important motivation is. I do know that if your not careful you can easily let your motivations shift and then things really snowball downhill.

NO! could be the keyword. Most of us struggle with when and how to say it, if we ever say it at all. I've learned after 25 years to finally say it. It is amazing how empowering it is. (and life-saving!)

New! could be the keyword. Too many of us get in ruts and need to try some NEW things!

Nuts! Some of us need to get a little crazy sometimes and make the kids we've gone NUTS!!

Needs- We can all do a better job of letting our CM needs known to others so they can be included in helping.

NOW I must go! Great show Karl!!
Nice Talking to you!

Back to Top View wbman's Profile Search for other posts by wbman Visit wbman's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 08 February 2012 at 4:37pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

Nifty guesses, Tom! By the way, your prize is going in the mail from your "name dropping" a few shows back! Thanks for your patience! We give so many prizes away, we get behind!

Nevertheless, Needless to say, Now we'll Narrow it down and Next time Nothing will cause Neglect and we'll take it down a Notch and get it to you before the offer is Null. (sorry, I got a lot of Nerve)
Back to Top View Kidologist's Profile Search for other posts by Kidologist Visit Kidologist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

wbman
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro
Tom Bump, Kidmin Pro, Yosemite Summiteer

Posted: 09 February 2012 at 8:29am | IP Logged Quote wbman

No let's Not get carried away! Nope! we would Never do that! Getting my prizes will be Nifty! and I have not been Naughty I've been Nice!

Have a Neato day my friend!!

Back to Top View wbman's Profile Search for other posts by wbman Visit wbman's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version