Login
Surveys

Do you do background checks at your church?

view more surveys
I am really enjoying your site. I have noticed all the new features to the site, the additions you have made have been great. Every newsletter is great and I am excited to see what is new on Kidology.org. What a great resource you have created and what a blessing it is to all of us 'new' to kids ministry
- Theresa Parker
Background Checks Kidology Online Training Children's Ministry Magazine

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
Let's Talk Children's Ministry
 Kidology Forums : Let's Talk Children's Ministry
Subject Topic: Crazy Messy Games!! Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 3:32pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Okay guys and gals, I need to pick your awesome and talented brains.  We are getting ready for Kids Camp and we have a messy game night planned.  It is inside and we have done messy food games in the past but I need some new ones.  What have you seen or done yourselves that I could try?  The grosser, the better!!!

We're also doing a bunch of Bible Verse games in the mornings, any new and creative ideas there??? 

Well, any ideas or input would be helpful!!  I am sure that most of us are in the same boat right now as we are planning for summer.  I just wish that it would get warmer...this icky weather is for the birds!!

Have a great day!!  

Kim

Recess Ministries     www.recesslive.com

Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Mingin
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro

Posted: 19 May 2008 at 10:09pm | IP Logged Quote Mingin

Fishing for marbles in jelly (jello) with your toes.

Gumboots with tinned spagetti in them. Run as a relay.

Saline spew ~ take one tspn saline, hold in mouth. Add 1 mouthful of coke/pepsi/lemonade. Winner is whoever keeps it in longest.

Fishing lolly snakes out opf choc pudding with mouth (hands behind back)

Drinking a yogurt drink through stocking stretched over your face.

Balloon covered with shaving foam, one holds, one shaves with a razor. Race between teams.

Musical cream pie face. . .just ask. . .

This is a good site
Back to Top View Mingin's Profile Search for other posts by Mingin Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

TheJourney
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jeramy Chapman

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 11:27am | IP Logged Quote TheJourney

Making meals with your feet. For example - we've made peanut butter & jelly sandwiches with just feet. Or icing a donut/cupcake, then adding toppings. I haven't done an ice cream sundae yet, but that would be lots of fun!

Donut Dangle - take a donut (the more toppings the better) and tie it to a string. Once child dangles it while the other tries to eat it using nothing but their mouths.

Lemonade - have a table set up with cups of water, sugar packets & cut lemons. Each child runs up, takes the water, sugar & lemons into their mouths and shakes their whole body for 10 seconds. They've just made lemonade! they swallow it and the next kiddo in line goes.

Diaper Eat - Take fresh diapers and pour baby food (peas have a nice look as does any of the fruits) onto the diaper. It totally looks like poo! The kids have to stick their face in it and eat the food out of the diaper.

Mystery bag - place several numbered bags onto the table with various ingredients. Feel free to let the kids know what's in the bags. Have a kid come up and draw 3 (or as many as you want) numbers. The corresponding numbered bags are the ingredients for your shake. I like to have one bag marked with a question mark (I never tell them what it is). If they draw the paper with the question mark, then it's mystery bag time! Feel free to make it as gross or ungross as possible based on what you do with the bags. A blender is necessary with this game.

Have fun!

Chuck Norris is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.
Back to Top View TheJourney's Profile Search for other posts by TheJourney Visit TheJourney's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Chewy
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 2:49pm | IP Logged Quote Chewy

Outdoor - gross

Shaving Cream artist - Basically squirt Shaving cream in kids hair, then have another child form the greatest art design in their hair w/ the shaving cream...we did this at a water game night and the kids loved it...

Back to Top View Chewy's Profile Search for other posts by Chewy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Pastor Margie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:27pm | IP Logged Quote Pastor Margie

We do a variation of Jeramy's Diaper Eat.  We call it Super-Dooper-Diaper and we put tootsie rolls midgets in the diaper and cover them with chocolate & butterscotch pudding.  The kids have to pull out the tootsie rolls with their teeth.

Oh no Spagetti-Os!  We put a small can (or you can measure out equal amounts  onto paper plates, they eat the spagetti-Os with no hands. 

Mush-Mush-Moogie:  In bowls we place 3 seedless grapes and cover it with equal amounts of cool whip,  using no hands they shove their faces in and pull out the grapes.

Pastor Margie's Wonderbag Relay:  (outdoors only!)  Using paper bags they run up and fill the bags with water from a huge tub and then run back to pour it into a team tub.  They hand off the bag till it breaks then get a new bag.  Great wet play for a hot day!

Can I have a drink of water?(relay):  (also outdoors only)  We take cups or buckets and poke holes in them, each team is given one to dip water out of a big tub, then carry it on their heads (they may use hands to hold it there) and run down to pour it in the team bucket. 

Fruit Loop Feed:  play with pairs.  seat two kids, facing each other, knees touching but backs against chair.  One opens their mouth, the other tosses fruit loops into their team mate's mouth. 

The grossiest game in the world:  It's a relay and not for the weak stomached.  Each player is handed a dixie cup.  About 2 oz of "gross juice" (unsweetened kool-aid) They "drink" the juice but hold it in their mouth then run down to the team's giant measuring cup and spit the juice in it then run back to tag next team player.  Team with most spit wins.  Kids love it, Adults hate it and leave the room.

Banana Friend or Fiend?:  Again play with pairs, seat kids facing each other, knees touching.  One is blindfolded  and given half a banana that they must feed to the other who must sit with their back against the chair.

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:53pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

Okay, you guys are DISGUSTINGLY AWESOME!!!  Thanks!!  Definately keep the ideas flowing and spread these around.  I was just reading some of these(which I LOVE) to other adults who popped in my office and they  were totally grossed out and disgusted.  I love to gross adults out! 

Thanks!  I can't wait to use these!!!

Kim

Back to Top View Guests's Profile Search for other posts by Guests Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

PastorTMcKeever
Administrator
Administrator
Kidology Champion

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:59pm | IP Logged Quote PastorTMcKeever

Kimbobb? Is that really you? Good to see you or read something from you again. That's all just wanted to say hello to the famous and all great Kim.

iTODD
Equip and Inspire World Changers on th
Back to Top View PastorTMcKeever's Profile Search for other posts by PastorTMcKeever Visit PastorTMcKeever's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:11pm | IP Logged Quote Guests

It is I, the famous...or not so famous Kim Bobb...hehe. 

We have had a crazy school year this year and I haven't been my regular Kidology self!!!  I am hoping to change that as we move into the summer.  Summer is my craziest time, as if you don't know that, but it seems to be when I most enjoy the fun conversations with fellow CPs. 

Anyways, I was selected to direct our District Kids Camp, which even though it is a HUGE job, I secretly LOVE!!!  So, I am getting all of the last minute details put in place.  = )

How are things in DC?? 

James Buchanan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 4:29pm | IP Logged Quote James Buchanan

I'll add another messy activity we did last year at camp that we are bring back again this year:

"Sundaes from Heaven" - each camper got a bowl of vanilla ice cream.  Our leaders then got up in a high spot (this could be scaffling, a building, a ladder etc.) and dropped toppings from the sky - chocalate sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, etc.  The campers then caught the toppings with their bowl.  THe toppings got in the bowls, on the ground, in their hair, on their clothes, etc.  The then got to eat their treat and then we hosed them off....

Any YUCK games are good and messy.  We've played swimming pool yuck kick ball, bobbing for mables in yuck with your toes.

James, AZ

Back to Top View James Buchanan's Profile Search for other posts by James Buchanan Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Pastor Margie
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 6:59pm | IP Logged Quote Pastor Margie

Kim,  I love to watch the grown men  run from the sanctuary when the games gross them out!  We've got a guy who's been to Iraq for 3 tours of duty and he runs as soon as I say the words  "Grossiest Game in the World".   muwahahahahaha

MissNancy
Kidmin Pro
Kidmin Pro
Nancy Keith

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 7:05pm | IP Logged Quote MissNancy

Just to add to the diaper game....we microwaved six or seven different candy bars (individually) in diapers.  The kids had to guess what they were!

Chewy
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 20 May 2008 at 10:04pm | IP Logged Quote Chewy

There's always the "Nasty Burrito."  Take a tortilla and put fruit cocktail w/ your choice of yogurt.  The kids have to eat them the fastest.  You don't want to give them too big of a burrito.  Unfortunately, I had a kid puke doing this one :(
Back to Top View Chewy's Profile Search for other posts by Chewy Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

mommyldy13695
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 7:16am | IP Logged Quote mommyldy13695

Get a few training potties fill them with Mountain Dew add a few tootsie rolls and have the kids bob for the tootsie rolls.

Back to Top View mommyldy13695's Profile Search for other posts by mommyldy13695 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 9:14am | IP Logged Quote Guests

These are awesome!  I hope you guys are writing these down too!  What are some other YUCK games?  I have YUCK in my drawer but no clue what to do with it. 

One year at camp we made a big bucket of it and put baby food jars down inside of the yuck.  When the whistle blew, 8 kids had to run up to the bucket, pick a jar out, open it and eat it completely.  Hehehe...we had one little boy puke everywhere..."He chose poorly"...hehe...he selected veal and green beans.  I would have barfed too!!!  Anyways, that is the extent of my YUCK gaming. 

Kim        www.recesslive.com

Tannerman
Administrator
Administrator

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 9:23am | IP Logged Quote Tannerman

I'm glad I was never in any of your children's ministries. Gross!
Back to Top View Tannerman's Profile Search for other posts by Tannerman Visit Tannerman's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Guests
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged Quote Guests

Wuss!

mommyldy13695
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 11:32am | IP Logged Quote mommyldy13695

Bobbing for Vienna Sausages.

Put pudding in a pie tin have the kids get the pudding in there mouths without using their hands and spit it into a cup. Race to see who can move more pudding from the pie tin into the cup in 30 seconds

Pour pancake syrup into the mouths of the kids have them run to the other side of the room and spit it into a bottle. Race to see who can get more syrup in their bottle.

These have all been tested on live kids at camp.

Back to Top View mommyldy13695's Profile Search for other posts by mommyldy13695 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

rondac
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 21 May 2008 at 1:47pm | IP Logged Quote rondac

These are great....Thanks I also needed some new games.

I gave them to our assistant youth pastor for there summer games.....

They really liked the mt dew one!!!:]

Super Dave
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 12:22am | IP Logged Quote Super Dave

Object Lessons and Games

Alka-Seltzer On The Head Duel
Application: Sin can cloud our judgement.
You may play this game as a quick up-front game or even as a 4-person tournament. 2 contestants, each armed with a squirt gun, will take five paces and turn to duel. On each of their foreheads, you will have attached an Alka-seltzer tablet with double stick tape (possibly use big rubber bands if tape doesn’t work). They draw and shoot the water at each other, the first one to dissolve the tablet on the other's forehead wins. Use swim goggles for each to protect their eyes. The tablet will fizz and foam all over the place.

Have towels close by for clean-up. A cheesy western song (think Clint Eastwood or Lone Ranger) and some “cowboys” or “cowgirls” add to this one.

Balloon Nose Pop
Select three volunteers to compete against each other. Each student receives a large balloon. The first to blow up their balloon using only their nose so far that it pops, wins. (If they can’t pop it, time the game and the largest balloon wins.)

Banana Legs
Application: Sin makes a big mess, and keeps us from our relationship with God.
You can use as many contestants as desired but it's best with an audience cheering them on. The contestants place a knee-high pantyhose stocking over their head and face(like a bank robber) and are given a banana. They race to see who can eat the banana through the nylon first. Have a camera ready!

Blend-O-Rama
Application: Some things don’t mix well, like God and sin.
Up front and entertaining. Find four students who have strong stomachs--the type who claim they'll do anything!

Place 1 blender on a table on stage or up front. Have 1 edible item placed in 4 different lunch bags. Number the lunch bags 1-4.

Interview each student, asking them their school, their birthday and their favorite food. Keep note of who is the oldest in the group. Then tell the oldest that they get to go first, then the next oldest, and so on until the youngest. Have them each pick the bag that they will blend.

Put whatever's in the bag into the blender, Do this until all the bags have been picked. Make sure that one of the items in one of the bags is a liquid so that it will blend well. Once everything is blended, pour into a cup and have them all drink it down. Whoever finishes their cup first wins.

Great blending materials:
baby food
milk
spam
bananas
Gold fish crackers
chocolate syrup
ketchup
mustard
M&M's
a can of Soda
Be creative!

Bologna Artists
Application: Psalm 139:13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Remember cutting out "snowflakes" from folded paper in kindergarten? Well this challenge takes on that same idea only using a piece of bologna instead of paper and using only your teeth instead of scissors!
Invite 4 "artists" to come up front. Each artist is given a piece of bologna.   

Each artist has 1 minute to create a snowflake design out of their piece of bologna.

After the time limit is up, the crowd votes on the best "bologna snowflake". It's really funny to see the faces of those who are biting off pieces of bologna...some like it and eat it and some gag and well you know what happens...

Marshmallow Nose Shoot
Use mini marshmallows and give each contestant 5. They are to insert marshmallow in their nose, and blow it out. The person or team to blow theirs the farthest wins.

Christmas 12 Bags of Doom
This is a messy "thank you" or Christmas gift to your staff (or interns). Lay tarp down (a large vinyl table cloth works, too). Staff wear old clothes and get ready to be icky!

Students get to dump 12 items of gross stuff on the staff, one at a time. The twelve days of Christmas gives a nice outline for the event:

On the twelfth day of Christmas our students give to you (the interns).....

12 raw eggs
11 cups of oatmeal
10 squirts of syrup
9 cups of popcorn
8 squirts of green ketchup
7 cups of applesauce
6 bags of cornmeal
5 packages of swiss miss
4 frozen mixed vegetables
3 cans of whipped cream
2 cups of canola oil
1 betty crocker cake mix

A great gross event as long as you're not the dumpee....

Cold Toe Dogs
Fill large bowls with freezing ice water. Add small round hot dog slices. Call 2 or more students up to participate.

Each player removes one shoe and sock, and they have 1 minute to dig the dogs out of the ice water.

Keep Your Mouth Shut
Application: Matthew 12:34b For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks.
Need: Alka-Seltzer, water, buckets to catch spillover.
Use as many volunteers as you like. Place an Alka-Seltzer in each mouth and give each person a mouthful of water. The person who can keep their mouth closed the longest wins.

Cool Whip Face Wash
Application: Jesus can wash away all our sins.
Need: 1 container of Cool Whip, pie tins, water guns, safety goggles, poncho or trash bag for cover up.

This game can be played many ways. My favorite is just to get the kids excited by asking who wants to get a pie in the face. Or which leader they would like to see get pied. Then after you pie them, have the kid who threw the pie to get a super soaker and “wash away” the mess.

Cool Whip Whistle Blow
Application: Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Need: Whistles, cool whip, plates.

Place whistles (one in each plate) and cover with cool whip. (make sure you stuff the whistle with cool whip!) Have kids race to eat the cool whip and blow their whistle. Looks great when they blow cool whip out of the whistle.

2 Liter Shove
Application: When our lives are full of sin the result is nasty.
Gather several “smooshy” items and place in zip lock bags. Kids are to grab with their hands the items and cram them into the top of an empty 2 liter bottle. The kid or team to finish first wins.

Here are some examples of smooshy: cat food, peaches, sticks of butter, bananas, pudding cups, marshmallows, sardines, mayonnaise, ketchup.

Also use clear 2 liter bottles so you can see the result better.

Marshmallow Bob
This game begins just like the regular bobbing for apples. However, this game ads a new twist. Immediately after bobbing for apples, the person bobs for marshmallows in a bowl of flour.
Make sure the floor is covered.

Caramel Covered Onion Race
Application: Sin always looks good on the outside.
Make a batch of caramel covered “ONIONS”. Place them on a table and choose enough kids as you have onions. On go have the kids race across the stage or floor and be the first to pick up their “treat” and eat it. Obviously the kids will only take 1 or 2 bites and spit it out. (don’t let brave kids eat the whole thing!)

Prune Juice Popsicle
Application: John 15:5 Jesus the True Vine (Pruning)
Need: Can of Grape soda, Prune Juice, Popsicle Mold
The setup is very important. Come out on stage drinking a grape soda. When the Game Song plays, ask kids, “Who likes grape soda?” “Who likes popsicles?” “Who wants to play a game?!? The game is competition based. Tell the kids that the first TEAM to eat the whole popsicle wins. Give them the popsicles and immediately say GO! Don’t give the kids a chance to smell or sample popsicle!!!

Pickle Juice Popsicle
Application: Sometimes things look good on the outside, but sin always leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Need: Can of Mt. Dew, Pickle Juice, Popsicle Mold.
Same setup as Prune Juice Popsicle. Just don’t do these two back to back.

Fireball Endurance:
Application: Don’t give up! Things may get tough. Endure and stay focused on God.
Need Jumbo Fireballs, Kids willing to play.
Give each kid 2 Fireballs, and on GO they put them in their mouth. The last kid to keep both in their mouth wins. (Have a camera ready)

Pantyhose Pudding:
Application: Fill in the blank yourself!
Need several pair of knee high hose, (1) Pudding cup per kid.
Roll the hose down to the toe, and spoon the pudding in at the toe of the hose. Once all the pudding is in the hose, unroll the hose. (It should look like a golf ball is in the toe of the hose. On GO each kid is to eat the pudding through the hose.

Dunking for Dookie: or Kitty Litter Suprise
Application: When we take our eyes off God, we end up doing a lot of things we never thought we would.
Need: New toilet bowl, or small Rubbermaid container, dry oatmeal, tiny tootsie roll candies.
Mix oatmeal and tootsie rolls in a container, and have the kids get the candies out with their mouths.

Rotten Apple:
Application: John 15:5 bearing good fruit
Need: Apple cut in half width ways. Bottom half carve out a cavity to fill with chocolate syrup. Place back together so it looks un tampered with. Talk about the importance of producing good fruit.
Explain that everyone produces fruit. Either good or bad. Getting caught up with the wrong crowd is dangerous. Sins of this world are a poison to our body. Bite the apple all the way to the center, and let the POISON flow out onto the table.

Diet Coke Eruption:
Application: Our Potential in Christ, Explosive Anger
Need 2 liter of Diet Coke, 1 roll of Mentos candy, Kiddie Pool to contain the mess.
You will need to drop the whole roll of Mentos in the coke all at once. To do this take a piece of cardstock and roll it into a tube slightly longer than the roll of candy. Tape it so it stays rolled up. Place the whole roll of candy in the tube. Keep your finger over one end, and when your ready, let the candy drop in the coke all at once. (You may want to back up a bit!)

Blowing Your Top:
Application: Anger
Need: Alka-Seltzer, ½ tablespoon water, White or clear 35mm film canisters. Insert water, then Alka-Seltzer. Replace cap and place on table upside down. (with the lid on the table) It will erupt in a few seconds, and shoot at least 10 feet high.

Slime Recipies:

My Favorite, and probably the cheapest>
Great Slime Resource
Visit www.water-keep.com Their product is incredible, and 100% safe. (Just don’t eat it, especially before you mix it with water.) It is a super absorbent polymer very similar to the stuff in a diaper, and it will expand tremendously! You mix 1 ounce of their product (I use the coarse grade) with 1 gallon of water and you get 1 gallon of slime. (Just add food coloring)
A five pound jug of waterkeep will cost you $20 bucks and will probably last for years.
It comes in a variety of grades: fine is powder like, and coarse is like a very small rock.

Back to Top View Super Dave's Profile Search for other posts by Super Dave Visit Super Dave's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Marshal Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 8:10am | IP Logged Quote Marshal Mike

...and to think it only took you 2.5 minutes to type all that out!

Pastorroger
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 22 May 2008 at 9:13am | IP Logged Quote Pastorroger

THANKS! I needed some new games! These are great!

Back to Top View Pastorroger's Profile Search for other posts by Pastorroger Visit Pastorroger's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

dapn4974
Group Member
Group Member

Posted: 06 June 2008 at 8:38am | IP Logged Quote dapn4974

No one mentioned "Twisted Twister"!!  Just take a Twister game mat and place a variety of slimey foods (baby food, oatmeal, potatoes, raw eggs works great!) on each one of the circles...Then spin the spinner & watch the incredible mess that ensues!!  The kids definately need to be hosed down afterwards...we gave parents large plastic garbage bags to place their kids in so they could get in their cars to go home without messing up the seats!

Cyndi 

Back to Top View dapn4974's Profile Search for other posts by dapn4974 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Jeff D. Robb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:23pm | IP Logged Quote Jeff D. Robb

We had ER night one night and our game was

Bobbing for Baby Ruths in a bedpan full of mountain dew.
(Just to make it more authentic we wiped ammonia around the bedpan edges.

Jeff D. Robb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:24pm | IP Logged Quote Jeff D. Robb

www.bucketsofun.com

Great source for yuck stuff.

Jeff D. Robb
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 10:25pm | IP Logged Quote Jeff D. Robb

http://buckets-o-fun.com/yuck.html

sorry

Chewy
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 01 July 2008 at 6:42am | IP Logged Quote Chewy

I purchased yuck...

What games have you done w/ yuck?

cletus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 09 July 2008 at 11:12pm | IP Logged Quote cletus

Put 2 zip lock bags with kool-aid  on a IV pole. Run tubeing from bags to the floor. Have 2 kids lay on the floor and race emptying their bag by sucking on the tube. When the kool-aid starts flowing it doesn't stop.
Back to Top View cletus's Profile Search for other posts by cletus Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

praizedrumer10125
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:59am | IP Logged Quote praizedrumer10125

Man, I love these!  I also have to admit it is true when my staff says to me that to be a good Children's Pastor you need to be "disturbed!" 

CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW DROP 

How bout this one.  Pick 3 boys and 3 girls and have them lay down on a tarp with their heads up next to a folding chair.  Each kid should have a smock, hair covering, and goggles on.  Place a mini dixie cup in the mouth of each child.   

Have 6 more volunteers kneel on the folding chairs so that they are looking down at the face of the kids on the floor.  Give each one a small dixie cup filled with chocolate syrup and a handful of mini marshmallows.  When you say "go", they are to dip the marshmallows in the syrup and then try to drop them into the cup that is in the mouth of the child below.  Whichever team has the most marshmallows in a cup at the end wins!

GIANT PIXI STICK RELAY

Go to Sams Club and pick up a few boxes of Giant Pixi Sticks.  Cut off the ends and without dumping the candy and attach them together to make a super long pixi stick.  Have helpers stand up on a stage, ladder or chair to keep one end of the giant stick in the air.  Form kids into teams and line them up at the opposite end of the room from the "sticks".  On  "Go" one member from each team runs down to their respective pixi stick and gets a mouthful of candy.  They run back and tag the next team member.   Teams keep going until their pixi stick is empty.   (Be prepared for some seriously wired kids after this one!)    

syork13031
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 10 July 2008 at 9:08pm | IP Logged Quote syork13031

We have a fear factor food fest with all kinds of gross foods for the kids to sample, plus some foods that are just not "favorites" of most kids. We give them a card that they get signed as they sample each one. All that get their card full of signatures get a prize. Also, have a special contest with 6th graders to see who can gulp down a package of unsweetened kool-aid. Make sure you choose kids that can handle this one. Suggest only doing it with preteens; young kids don't handle it too well. 
Back to Top View syork13031's Profile Search for other posts by syork13031 Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

pasmilton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Posted: 10 July 2008 at 11:17pm | IP Logged Quote pasmilton

Hairagami you get kids different scenes of the Bible for example ( The burning bush, parting of the red sea, Jesus and the twelve disciples) you give each team one of those scenes and they design it in the hair of their team mates
its funny to watch the faces they make.

Back to Top View pasmilton's Profile Search for other posts by pasmilton Visit pasmilton's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version