Login
Surveys

Does your family use social media?

view more surveys
When I left my last ministry I was asked what the church could do to help my replacement - I told them the first thing they should do is purchase a Group Membership to Kidology - I had bought my own professional membership and was taking it with me! I was mentored by Karl even though I'd never met him, this site made me an awesome children's pastor. It's the best investment you can make in a new children's pastor!
-Pastor Andy VanDerLinden
Background Checks Kidology Coaching Children's Ministry Magazine

Discussion Forums

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help
Kidmin Talk with the Kidologist
 Kidology Forums : Kidmin Talk with the Kidologist
Subject Topic: Kidmin Talk - Show 034 Extra Week Off!? Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 07 June 2012 at 1:34pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

This thread is for discussion of Kidmin Talk #034

Karl Bastian is back revealing one of his "ministry secrets" - how to get a PAID WEEK OFF of your weekly ministry routine to focus on the things you'd rather be doing! Shhhh, don't let the boss know!

If you are feeling beaten down by the weekly fires and wish you could just get a breather... Karl will tell you how in this encouraging podcast.

TAKE THE CHALLENGE THIS SUMMER and give yourself a week off! Listen to this week's challenging and helpful show and then post your thoughts on the topic.
Back to Top View Kidologist's Profile Search for other posts by Kidologist Visit Kidologist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 03 July 2012 at 5:15pm | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

Did anyone schedule a week for planning? The follow up show is now recorded.
Back to Top View Kidologist's Profile Search for other posts by Kidologist Visit Kidologist's Homepage Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Pastor Jared
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posted: 20 September 2012 at 2:57pm | IP Logged Quote Pastor Jared

I'm going to commit to this as much as I can. Even if I can't give all my responsibilities away, I am going to make sure I am ready two weeks out so that I do not have to do any work that week, even if I still have to teach. Since I have a full time job outside of ministry, I am only going to be able to dedicate the time I normally spend on church work.
I'm planning to do this Oct.8-14.
Back to Top View Pastor Jared's Profile Search for other posts by Pastor Jared Send Private Message Add to Buddy List

Kidologist
Administrator
Administrator
Karl D. Bastian

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 10:28am | IP Logged Quote Kidologist

Congrats Jared! It is always a challenge to schedule time for planning, but the fruit for the effort is always worth it!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version